Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well, this didn't seem like a very productive week for me. I spent a lot of time running around making sure everyone else was taken care of and as usual put myself last. I hope this week will be better. Dennis is doing much better (thanks to those who asked!). He came home on Sunday and we are both looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow. As I have been trying to keep track of what I eat I am starting to recognize some of the food traps that I let myself get into, a huge trap for me is eating in the car. I realized that as I eat in the car I really shove the food in fast cause I need my hands to drive. I don't taste anything and when its gone, I don't feel full and I have barely even tasted what ever it was. Another trap is fast food. I can try to keep telling myself it isn't very often, but when I see all the receipts in my wallet I can see it is way too often. Eating anywhere but the kitchen table. If I am doing something else I don't pay attention to how fast the food goes in and there again I don't notice until its too late how much I have really eaten. I also keep eating just cause I am still at the table. Sundays are the worst for that, my Dad comes over and after the kids leave the table and it gets quiet we can talk a little. I also notice that I tend to finish up a little of the potatoes, or the meat, or anything just cause I hate to waste and there really isn't enough to save. I am definitely going to have to make some changes there, for my health as well as his. Well, those aren't all of my bad habits but its a good start. I hope by recognizing them I work on changing them. Good luck to everyone this week.

2 comments:

  1. Now that your husband is feeling better maybe you can both concentrate. It's really difficult when someone in the family is so sick. You guys take care. We're glad he is feeling better.
    Catherine is a great person to work with. :-)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. realizing issues is 1/2 the battle!!
    keep up the great work, see you Friday!!
    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete