Friday, April 16, 2010

Big change for me!

Huge milestone this week, I ran out of Blood pressure meds on monday and couldn't get in to see Dr. til Wednesday. The nurse took my BP and then asked how long I had been without, I said two days and she smiled and said when people run out and go a few days without it is usually sky high but yours is 114 over 83! Dr. said it looks like you are now keeping it down with diet and exercise so keep up the good work and we WON'T refill the prescription! I still will need to keep an eye on it but after about 10 years I am so excited to be off. I had expected to be on this for the rest of my life. I had been feeling dizzy quite often and had cut them in half for about a week, but NO meds is sooooo much better! Every little victory counts, this should keep me going for at least a week!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Marlene..That is huge!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS huge!! Congratulations. You are doing such a good job on this program. It's been fun to visit with you lately at the gym and to watch you work so hard. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely wonderful!!! Blood pressure is a problem for me too. But I didn't go on the medication. I hope it is down but I also think my blood pressure cuff is not working right. Riley is going to check it for me. I am so happy for you to have made this wonderful step forward. You are a big winner in this challenge!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo!! That sounds great :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete