Saturday, February 13, 2010

Time to get started!

I can't procrastinate any more. It's time to get started on a good diet and exercise program. I wanted to do this 100 day heart challenge because I know I need to take better care of my self. I also have a hard time starting anything on my own, and having accountability will make a big difference in how I do. It was a huge surprise to hear my husband say lets get up and go to the gym on the morning. That almost gave me a heart attack! We rode the bikes for 20 minutes and then there was a guy there that showed us a little on some of the machines, he has been coming for a year since he had his knee replaced and says he loves it. And he has lost 45 pounds! I am excited for Tuesday when we meet with our trainer and get to figure out a plan for us. I bought the book that was recommended, Intuitive eating, I wanted to get a little start on what it is all about, and I never miss a trip to the bookstore. I tried to eat a low fat lunch and we bought lots of fruits and veggies at the grocery store. Dennis said we should mark all of our food so the kids don't eat it all. I told him he could mark the grapes. I'm glad to have a partner to do this with and couldn't ask for a better one!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you guys. Sounds like you're off to a great start. I've got the book, too, thanks to my daughter who hunted it down and my son-in-law who picked it up. I'll do some looking at it today. We're all in this together and it's going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for the book on Amazon and found several that were titled Intuitive Eating. Who is the author of your book so I can get the right one?
    It's good to see you are doing great already. We are slow in getting started but are going for a walk later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you!! Doesn't it feel so good to know we aren't alone in this lifestyle change! I hope this week is a good one for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that your husband is such a good support for you!! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete